Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moose in the North Woods
Semi-retired moose, fascinated by CNC machines, likes tasty browse, tends to run on.

Started off as a little moose ..... worked my way through EE school when my constant companion was named Sly Drool, as a programmer.  It stuck, did a whole lotta stuff including mainframe systems programmer, real-time software development (mostly networking, data communications, embedded device firmware), ran a dial-up ISP, etc.  For a mid-life crisis retired and went to paramedic school, worked in EMS (despite the original sales pitch, it doesn't stand for Earn Money Sleeping) for almost 20 years. Semi-retired these days, service's IT guy and occasional medic shift.  Married a long time, raised 3 daughters, live on a small farm a hundred miles from the nearest Home Depot.

Started with a small CNC router in the mid aughts, before arduinos, using LinuxCNC. Had 3D printers since 2012, a cheap chinese K40 laser for a couple years, and currently building a Maslow CNC router (actually, building the shop to build the Maslow, out of room).

I've been a mod (as in moderator) on several 3D printer forums including this one when it was QU-BDs, like to mod (as in modify) 3D printers and similar devices, and have way to many hobbies.
------
KS Printrbot Plus, modified
Thingybot Delta
QU-BD One Up (parts, received with bad motor)
QU-BD RPM (incomplete box-o-parts, spindle never received)
Maslow CNC (4'x8' chain drive)
Zenbot Mini (6"x8" router, grbl_ESP32)
SainSmart Genmitsu 3018Pro
Ender 3 Pro
BobsCNC Revolution (FluidNC)