Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attatchmets and Uploads an'at (Oh my!)
So, when I first joined (a few days ago), I went to upload my Avatar for use on the site, and could not find a way to do it.  I could only point the site to the address of an existing Avatar on the Internet.  I don't have an existing Avatar on the Internet.  Now what?

Next, I was having some problems with OpenSCAD, and have generated some test cases, and was hoping I could find some people to play with them.  So, I decided to post over in 3D Printing Software.

My test case code is less than 50 lines of OpenSCAD code (which is easy enough to post as "code"), and a *.DXF file that is 1.5MB.

First, I could not attach the *.DXF to my post, because it is an invalid type.  I figured I would rename it with a *.TXT extension, and attach it that way, but then it hit the size limitation.

I ended up canceling my post.

So, now the questions:

1) Any way to upload my Avatar to the site?

2) What are the valid "types" for attachments?

3) Does the site support attaching a *.zip, or other compressed file?  Maybe I can get under the size limit via compression.

4) Was 3D Printing Software the correct forum to post with my issue, or was 3D Printing Help the correct forum?  My problem is actually with OpenSCAD, which is 3D CAD software, so I thought the Software Forum was more appropriate.

Messages In This Thread
Attatchmets and Uploads an'at (Oh my!) - by mr_intensity - 2018-01-09, 11:35 PM