Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made a 2.5up...but I need spare parts!!!
Hi All, cool to find this group on my printer so long after I bought it.  

My "2.5up" looks mostly like a standard 2up but it has a second Z-axis motor to lift the opposite end and behind the lateral head axis.   I also replaced the controller A fastbot BBP 1s.  It has a built in server so it's just an Ethernet device on my network.   It has the stone heated bed.  I put in mechanical limit switches.

I ran a few tests and found one issue.  Because all the movement torque is applied along only one edge of the table, it torques/twists then relaxes.   It happens every step of the stepper motor.

So I want to run a shaft extension across to the other side of the platform and add a second belt so both sides are pulled at the same time.

So here is my dilemma...  I can't find a new 12 tooth 5mm bore 3mm pitch [I  think 3mm is what it uses] timing pulley.   Does the original manufacturer still even exist?   Or a source for one?

Anyone out there ever change out the pulleys on their machine for a different one and have one from the original they'd like to sell me?

Thanks folks!
Bill

Messages In This Thread
I made a 2.5up...but I need spare parts!!! - by WolfBrownie - 2020-04-03, 01:21 AM