Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion.
Mr A:

The EIFRAME is part of the Extruder Sub Assembly (photo attached).  All three of them are kind of stacked as a spacer, and a couple of long M3 bolts are run through the holes, to one of the NEMA17s.

Wish I had a caliper to get some really accurate measurements on this thing.  I'm gonna try to reproduce this thing in OpenSCAD, and have the part as an *.STL file.  That way, if my buddy balks on printing the Snappy,  I can ask him: "Well, could you at least print this very small part for me?"

I am really not too keen on building the OneUp, as it looks more rickety than does the Snappy.  They put together a whole bunch of melemite parts in a sub-assembly, while the Snappy prints one part that does the same thing.  Snappy just seems more sturdy.

I have dug out the kit.  And yes, I still even have the broken part.  I was going to super glue the broken part, independent of anything else, but then I re-read your post.  I was wondering how I was going to make sure I "glued it straight."  By lining it up in the assembly first, it should hold it straight whilst I glue.

Not sure what I am going to do, at this point.  We'll see if my buddy balks at the Snappy, and I am going to see how the EIFRAME definition goes.

Moose:

Thank you for your input.  I have never adjusted the current limit on one of those controllers before, so I am sure I will ask many stupid questions whenever that time comes.

Some friendly advice:  Don't EVER give up on an aircraft project.  Try to do something small on it, every now and then.  If you are absolutely sure it is over, then look to sell it, take the money, and do something that you want with it (like the Powered Parachute). Don't let it lay around, gathering dust, until you pass, and then your daughters are stuck having to get rid of it.

Of course, another option...Any of those daughters good with tools, and looking to become a pilot?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: avatar_23.png?dateline=1515658171]

Messages In This Thread
Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion. - by mr_intensity - 2018-01-08, 02:00 AM
RE: Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion. - by mr_intensity - 2018-01-12, 01:46 AM