Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion.
Hey man, why use Super Glue?

I'm CLOSE with the SIDEBRACE piece (see attached).  As accurate as I can get, with just a tape measure.  It says this piece is 0.6 cm thick, as opposed to 0.5 cm thick with the EIFRAME piece.  I'll have to compare the two and see if one is a millimeter thicker than the other.

My initial game plan was to take the good SIDEBRACE piece, and scan it at high resolution, then do a bitmap-to-vector conversion (probably to Encapsulated PostScript [*.EPS] format) and then use pstoedit to convert the drawing to *.DXF, and import into OpenSCAD.  This failed for multiple reasons.  So, I took the broken piece, and a tape measure, and have something that is pretty close.

The two circular cutouts are just "guesses," and I do not have the big curve in the SIDEBRACE, because it is non-circular.  I am thinking of printing out some millimeter graph paper, and tracing the curve onto it in order to get a close approximation with very small line segments.

So, the board meeting of our Aviation club has been canceled due to weather concerns.  So, I will not be seeing my buddy tonight.  I may just E-mail him the two STL files (once done) and see if he can print them up for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: avatar_23.png?dateline=1515658171]

Messages In This Thread
Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion. - by mr_intensity - 2018-01-08, 02:00 AM
RE: Snappy V2.0: Land of confusion. - by mr_intensity - 2018-01-12, 06:03 PM