Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FormZ Free
I did finally get a window box set up (and highly isolated - no phoning home to MS on that box). I have the free version of FormZ now.

I'm a complete amateur at it of course, but so far, I'm not having much luck doing what I want. I think I understand a little about how you're supposed to do things, but I find myself getting hamstrung when trying to... let's say "change perspective to a different dimension".

I was trying to make an object that was basically a rectangle shape with not much depth, with a cylinder attached on one end, with the cylinder centered under the rectangle.

Side view:    |

Another view:     __
                            |    |
                            |__|
                           (__()

I drew the rectangle first, and gave it a little depth. Then.... I was pretty much stumped - I guess I needed to start drawing my cylinder working from a point on the very thin depth edge of the rectangle, but I couldn't really get that point selected, due to the size of the target face on the side of the rectangle. It's been a while now since I was working on that, so I may not recall the details exactly. In any case, I really thought things were going to go quickly with FormZ, but I couldn't easily get out of one dimension with it Smile. One day I'll get back to it and work out my issue with it, I hope.

Oh, it also may have been better to start with the cylinder somehow, but I didn't think of that at the time.

Messages In This Thread
FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-01-11, 11:27 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by Mooselake - 2018-01-12, 06:18 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-01-13, 12:18 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by evilpoly - 2018-06-29, 03:49 AM
RE: FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-06-30, 11:08 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by evilpolygon - 2018-07-21, 05:47 AM