Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FormZ Free
Hi Mooselake,

I'm picky Smile.

I've done a fairly thorough review of the available software out there. I'm just looking for one that works in a way that's easy to understand for me, and has certain features and capabilities.

I have played around with OpenSCAD, and I think the idea is awesome. Since I code for a living, it seems like a great fit - yet, when you get to the actual details of how you have to make what you want, it loses it's luster for me.

SketchUp is fine, but it's harder than it should be to do dimensionally accurate stuff.

Fusion360 is just one of those that doesn't appear to work in a way that I like.

If you want an alternative to Fusion360 that runs nearly anywhere (browser-based), is extremely capable, and has awesome versioning built in, then try OnShape. The catch is that if you use it for free, all of your designs are publicly available to anyone.

So, based on my own peculiar interests, right now I'm most interested in comparing MoI, FormZ, and DesignSpark Mechanical.

I'm heartbroken that OnShape is so expensive to buy - I have exactly one design to do that I don't want to make public. OnShape also provides motion animation, and I really need that for the project. But I can't afford it... ($125 per month or so!)

Messages In This Thread
FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-01-11, 11:27 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by Mooselake - 2018-01-12, 06:18 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-01-13, 12:18 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by evilpoly - 2018-06-29, 03:49 AM
RE: FormZ Free - by MisterAcoustic - 2018-06-30, 11:08 PM
RE: FormZ Free - by evilpolygon - 2018-07-21, 05:47 AM