Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Air Sled Appliance Mover!!!
#1
Hi All!

This thread is dedicated to my new DIY Air Sled Appliance Mover project.

I will be adding detail and images here over time, but for now, I'll just post the links to my new youtube videos about the project:

AirSledPartOne (Introduction)
https://youtu.be/rXlGrO5wgc0

AirSledPartTwo (Demonstration)
https://youtu.be/A_QRhoSmIrQ

Check them out, and let me know what you think! (Be kind, these are my first ever illustrative videos).

Stan
Reply
#2
Hi All,

I have a small update. I got a chance to do some testing on the device today, and I'm pretty sure that a significant issue is my hose assembly.

I discovered that the amount of air reaching the feet is dramatically reduced from what's coming out of the end of the leaf blower.

After some searching, I found a decent hose to use for an upgrade. Once I get the hose, I will print a new adapter (already designed, just waiting for final dimensions). It so happens that the hose comes with flexible ends and clamps that can be tightened, which I will use on the ends that go to the feet. That way I won't need to print any adapters for that end.

I'm thinking that the lifting power will increase substantially with this change. I also noticed that the holes in the bottom near to the inlet are passing more air than holes farther away - I may try to plug just a few of those to help balance lifting with friction reduction.

The adventure continues! Smile

Stan
Reply
Topic Options
Forum Jump:




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)